Copyright © www.cornishceramics.com 2000-2011. All Rights Reserved.

 
The Digital Museum of
Cornish Ceramics
www.cornishceramics.com

Home
Potteries & Marks
 Potteries/galleries to visit
About the Museum
Contact the Museum
Links

Newlyn Harbour Pottery Mark
Newlyn Harbour Pottery - from 1957 to 1969
 
The Old Wharf, Newlyn Harbour, Cornwall  

The Old Wharf, Newlyn Harbour
 
    

The pottery was operated by Dennis Lane and made hand-thrown items, many in the typical style of the time such as tall cylindrical coffee sets and other domestic ware.

Dennis Lane's gallery and shop was on The Strand in Newlyn opposite the fishmarket.

Pieces are usually impressed with "NEWLYN HARBOUR POTTERY". Sometimes he also added his "DL" monogram.  

Before starting the Newlyn Harbour Pottery, Dennis was at Pesthouse Common, Richmond in Surrey from 1956 to 1957.

In 1970, Dennis transferred to Trevithal Studio in Trevithal near Paul and retired in 1985.
     
Newlyn Harbour Pottery - cup, saucer and plate  
Cup, saucer and plate

Stoneware


Acquired: 2003